Monday, December 15, 2014

To my Scarlett

Dear Scarlett,
  We have come a long way. Since birth you have been on the move and on a mission only you know about. We do our best to keep up and one step ahead but sometimes we fail. Motherhood was an awkward adjustment for me. With a post partum diagnosis it was "difficult" to say the least. The word "failure" comes to mind when I reach back into the memories of those newborn days and nights that blurred together.
 I wanted to write down some of our journey as I see friends and family stepping into motherhood gracefully and beautifully as I stumbled and tripped along the way. I can't help but feel a punch of jealousy. Did anyone else struggle too? But I remember being so ashamed having to admit my situation. It took much longer to get help than it should have. I figure there may be a few more silent sufferers out there. 
Scarlett you are my best friend and my drive to be a better role model, mother, and woman. I'm so glad I'm feeling better and have you to thank for it. You are my smile everyday and I am so thankful we are on this journey of life together. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said! Motherhood is hard, but our babies make it so worth it! Glad you're doing well Sara. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said Sara! I'm sure you are doing a fantastic job raising that beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete