Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Homesickness

homesick [ˈhəʊmˌsɪk]
adj
depressed or melancholy at being away from home and family
homesickness  
I know this issue has to affect more individuals besides myself.  I don't know if it is worse when I don't go home for a while or right after I get back from being home. To be honest, I hate Virginia- and I think it hates me back. lol I don't feel like I ever really fit in here, and that takes it toll on me as well as my relationship. I miss "home" everyday. I know people say home is where the heart is but it always seems like my heart is torn. 
  
When I am home surrounded by family and friends, I miss David and my puppies, when I am in Virginia with Dave, I miss family and friends. I know life is a balancing act and always changing and we have to react to our current situations, but that's where I am having trouble. I don't know, maybe one day I will have it all.. but that day is not today, and it looks like I will have to start readjusting just like before... I just wish there was a fast forward button for that!
 
“homesickness is just a state of mind for me. I'm always missing someone or someplace or something, I'm always trying to get back to some imaginary somewhere. my life has been one long longing.”
Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation

1 comment:

  1. Well just keep in my you are lucky to live in the era of technology. Use it. Skype is great, although I understand it's not the same as being there. Part of being a grown up is going out and being away from those you love. I think that's what makes the time you spend with them that much better. Hang in there Sara!

    ReplyDelete