Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Homesickness

homesick [ˈhəʊmˌsɪk]
adj
depressed or melancholy at being away from home and family
homesickness  
I know this issue has to affect more individuals besides myself.  I don't know if it is worse when I don't go home for a while or right after I get back from being home. To be honest, I hate Virginia- and I think it hates me back. lol I don't feel like I ever really fit in here, and that takes it toll on me as well as my relationship. I miss "home" everyday. I know people say home is where the heart is but it always seems like my heart is torn. 
  
When I am home surrounded by family and friends, I miss David and my puppies, when I am in Virginia with Dave, I miss family and friends. I know life is a balancing act and always changing and we have to react to our current situations, but that's where I am having trouble. I don't know, maybe one day I will have it all.. but that day is not today, and it looks like I will have to start readjusting just like before... I just wish there was a fast forward button for that!
 
“homesickness is just a state of mind for me. I'm always missing someone or someplace or something, I'm always trying to get back to some imaginary somewhere. my life has been one long longing.”
― Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation

1 comment:

  1. Well just keep in my you are lucky to live in the era of technology. Use it. Skype is great, although I understand it's not the same as being there. Part of being a grown up is going out and being away from those you love. I think that's what makes the time you spend with them that much better. Hang in there Sara!

    ReplyDelete